Serves: 4-6 Total Time: 45 mins
Original Recipe: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chipotle-quinoa-sweet-potato-tacos-roasted-cranberry-pomegranate-salsa/
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clone, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 t chili powder
- 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced
- 1 T chipotle in adobo (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1 t cayenne
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 6-8 flour torillas
- 1 avocado, sliced for topping
Roasted Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa (Optional)
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 canned chipotle chili, chopped
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seed removed if desired
- the arils from 1 pomegranate
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cranberries, brown sugar, chipotle chili, lime zest + juice, garlic, jalapeño and a pinch of salt and pepper on the baking sheet.
- Use your hands to toss everything together until the cranberries are evenly coated.
- Place in the oven and roast until the cranberries burst and release their juices, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and and let cool 10 minutes.
- Then add the pomegranate arils and toss well.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Set aside and keep at room temperature.
- Heat olive oil over a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the onions and sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cover the skillet and let cook until the sweet potatoes are fork tender, storring once or twice for about 15 mins.
- Add Garlic and sautee 30 seconds.
- Crank up the heat to medium-high (adding more oil if needed) and add quinoa.
- Let quinoa get crispy and cook for about 5 mins
- Add 3/4 cup water, tomatoes, chili powder, chopotle chilies, adobo sauce, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, and cayenne. Then stir to thoroughly combine and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook 5-10 mins or until water has disappeared.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with Avocado, salsa, and fresh cilantro.